During home renovations, you often need to hire an electrician for various repair and maintenance tasks. You can easily find out the best possible electrical worker for your project by contacting recognized electrical contractors. These contractors work individually or as a business firm that specializes in various construction related tasks like installing, maintaining and designing of electrical systems and equipment. Depending on their work, they can be categorized as:
- Line contractors or outside electrical contractors
- Inside electrical contractors
- Integrated building systems electrical contractors
Difference between electrical contractors and electricians:
It often happens that people get confused between electrical contractors and electricians. But in reality, both the tradespersons are quite different from each other. They have their own individual area of focus and specialization. In fact, they can also be distinguished in terms of their roles and responsibilities. Here is a quick list of a few important points that might help you to differentiate between an electrician and an electrical contractor.
- An electrician is a qualified electrical worker whereas an electrical contractor is a business firm or a trained individual with all the necessary insurance.
- An electrician cannot serve the public unless he is associated with or works under an electrical contractor. So, basically electricians are largely dependent on electrical contractors for work. Also, an electrical contractor can provide employment to an electrical worker.
- Services of an electrician are also required in ships, airplanes and other mobile means. So, electrical contractors are responsible for maintenance and installation of all kinds of electrical systems.
- Both electricians and electrical contractors have authentic licenses. Electrical contractor, however, is senior to an electrician as he also has valid insurances for safe work. These insurances offer protection to workers, businesspersons, and homeowners from insurance liabilities.
Key roles and responsibilities of professional electrical contractors:
At many times, you would need to contact or consult professional electrical contractors. They are the ones, you must seek help, advice and guidance from. They are responsible professionals who carry out their duties and responsibilities efficiently in a professional manner. They will send the best electrical worker for your electrical repair project at home or office. You can contact them easily over phone to get quick solution for the current issue. They focus on both constructions as well as maintenance.
A few important duties and responsibilities of certified electrical contractors are listed below:
- Install, repair and maintain electrical wiring and devices in an array of settings.
- Provide electrical services to residential, commercial and industrial clients. These include installing a power point, AC or ceiling fan, doing wiring, etc.
- Inspect electrical systems including switches, wiring, breaker boxes and other machinery.
- Work in all kinds of working conditions based on specific job description and electricians working under their employment.
- In charge of customer service, administrative and tax related tasks.
- Carry out several maintenance duties, such as repairing worn parts, replacing complex devices and inspecting several electrical appliances and equipment.
- Provide several construction related jobs like making use of power tools and lifting heavy objects, etc.
In addition, professional electrical contractors are licensed to perform several other electrical services. Therefore, it is necessary to contact a well-known and reliable electrical contractor to meet your needs with efficiency. You can search online to find one in your area or ask family and friends. Do ask about their license and insurance details. Read testimonials and online reviews and feedback to be sure of their capabilities. When you contact them, judge by their way of communication and approach. Make sure they are prompt in rendering their services.