There are two basic kinds of conservatories. The different kinds of conservatories are basically functional ones and decorative ones. A functional conservatory has been built with an eye towards the conservatory being able to allow in maximal amounts of light. The maximal amounts of light will allow you to grow more plants inside the conservatory, even plants that are designed to be grown outside. If you want a conservatory that is simply decorative, then it will still allow a lot of light but it won’t be designed the same.
- A conservatory that is designed to actually grow plants will likely be one that is built facing the south.
- A south-facing conservatory with windows on both the east and the west side will allow the maximum amount of light throughout the day.
- The sun will be shining on that conservatory for pretty much the entire day.
- If you don’t need it to be so functional, it won’t be as important to face south.
- A functional conservatory can also be built facing the north but that will need to be taken into account.
Work with Professionals
You need to work with the professionals who design these conservatories to get one that fits your needs. If you work closely with professionals, they’ll be able to make something that you can be proud of. It should be a comfortable space where you can relax, read, and generally spend time.