After a long cold Buffalo winter, you probably cannot wait for summer to arrive. But once it does arrive, you will now be dealing with the heat. The question is, is your air conditioner ready to deal with the heat? Before summer arrives, you shouldn’t forget about scheduling its yearly tune up service with a professional heating and cooling contractor. This crucial service is one of the best ways to ensure that your AC will be ready to handle the summer heat and keep running in peak condition throughout the season.
What Should You Expect During an AC Tune Up?
When you schedule an AC tune up in Buffalo NY, your service should take around an hour. The technician will need access to both the inside and outside components of your air conditioner.
When working with the outside components, your service technician will:
- Inspect the unit for any damage that may have occurred to the cabinet or grill during the winter
- Remove any debris that may have accumulated in the unit, such as dirt or leaves
- Inspect and lubricate moving parts
- Inspect the unit’s electrical connections for fraying, scorching or looseness and tighten when needed
- Clean and inspect the compressor, coils and fins
- Check the refrigerant level in the compressor and add more if needed
- Inspect the condensation line to see if it is draining properly and clear any clogs
- Check for leaks in the pan of the unit
- Inspect for mold or mildew growth in the pan or elsewhere in the unit
With your indoor AC equipment, the service technician will:
- Inspect and lubricate the system’s blower motor
- Replace the system’s air filter
- Set your thermostat for the proper cooling temperature and calibrate the unit if needed
- Run your air conditioner for a full cycle from startup to shutdown to make sure it is operating properly
The Importance of Continued Maintenance
A yearly AC tune up in Buffalo NY is important to the wellbeing of your air conditioner. A system that is regularly serviced will last longer than one that is not properly maintained, sometimes five to ten years longer. Your AC will run more efficiently and this will help keep your cooling costs lower.
During your AC tune up, your service technician may find potential problems that should be addressed before running your system for the season. By making needed adjustments or replacing parts that have begun to show signs of wear and tear, you can avoid the risk of a breakdown and a costly repair bill.
When you have a newer air conditioning unit, regular service is required to keep your manufacturer’s warranty in force. If your system were to fail, you would need to provide proof to the manufacturer that you have been diligent if having your air conditioner serviced each year.
One of the best ways to justify the expense of your yearly tune up is to think of it as an investment in your home and your family’s comfort. Make sure to schedule your appointment before summer arrives.